Reply To: Tornado red Golf country light restoration

Forums Project Cars (contains photos) Tornado red Golf country light restoration Reply To: Tornado red Golf country light restoration

hessu
Participant

Engine and gearbox is finally out, it was a real full day fight, Country almost won, but only almost (=

Originally my plan was to remove engine first, gearbox later. I tried half day without success, all bolts were removed but I didn’t just get engine and gearbox separated. So I changed plan and assembled flywheel housing bolts back, removed propellershaft and driveshaft bolts and removed with gearbox, this worked out better, only gearbox support mount bolt cut off and caused more grey hair. Is it even theoretically possible to remove Engine only, it looks like gearbox ngle gear for rear drive or what might be real name for it , is blocking this possibility???

I just noticed I didn’t mark those white air lines where they are connected so when placing engine back those need to be figured out, but this is later then.

Attachments:

V2 of the vwsyncro.co.uk forums

Site and hosting by Plus8.net
Firebeans crystal healing (new wordpress site) | Firebeans crystal healing (old site)