The end of an era

Forums General chat The end of an era

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chris S

I first discovered that VW had made a 4wd Golf 2 in 2002 when & saw an advert for one on marktplaats (an ebay online sales site) here in the Netherlands,
    This led to me buying my first Golf Syncro

I got ripped off good style by the garage I bought it from.
    it leaked engine oil, steering fluid, gearbox oil, rear diff oil, cooling water.

but I loved it, it was the start of an almost 20 year ongoing love affair with the Golf 2 Syncro

We on here even coined the term ‘Syncronitis’ to try to explain these feelings for a supposedly inanimate object

Since then I have owned 4 different Golf 2 Syncro models

1) 1988 4 door Syncro (GU carburetor motor)
    with vw metal sunroof & ABS (2002 to 2006 when it caught fire in the silencer backbox & was written off

2) 1989 2 door Syncro GT (1p Digifant motor with ABS & all options) sold today

3) 1986 2 door Syncro (GX motor) bought for my Daughter & went to England since lost contact with the new owner after she sold it

4) 1986 4 door Syncro GU Carb motor bought in 2110 for my wife here in Netherlands & also sold today

So this evening for the first time in nearly 20 years I am without a Syncro,

I will not be buying a new one as I cant afford it, the prices have skyrocketed over the past few years,
    + I am now living within the limits of my old age pension

but I will still be part of the community here, and available to answer questions, & maybe even to supply some parts

Chris

LD50
    Keymaster

so they’re all collected and shipped out then.. :'(

but hey you built some fun cars, not just your own either..I mean all the ones of the people you’ve helped 🙂

My website | My Youtube channel (both mostly bike related)

Chris S

Yes they have both gone, collected & shipped out.

In the nearly 20 years we have been online, I wonder how many people we have helped & how many cars we have saved?
    it must be well into the hundreds for both cars & people & yes it has been great fun. 🙂

One thing I will never forget, is the big smile I had on my face every time I went out in my Syncro GT!

Chris S

And there they go

Attachments:
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

V2 of the vwsyncro.co.uk forums

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close

Site and hosting by Plus8.net