Reply To: Got there, doing it again! Golf country rebuild.

Forums Project Cars (contains photos) Got there, doing it again! Golf country rebuild. Reply To: Got there, doing it again! Golf country rebuild.

lloydy
Participant

one thing i forgot to mention above, is the amount of dirt the rear chassis plate holds! Amazingly they are in good contition and will be able to be re-used. The rear arms came off ok, only had to cut one bolt out insitu.
A bit of a change in plan with the rear brakes, i managed to get myself some rallye caliper carriers! So that means taking off the drum backplates……. not meant to be a easy job, and i could believe that looking at how mankey they looked…
But i guess i was lucky, heat and a hammer got them all out with no issues! ARB/brake bias assembley was removed,cleaned,freed off and check for correct operation-all ok!
And thats me up to date now, i need to cut the two bolts that hold the rear beam on (the ones that have the bush) then a whole load of stuff can go to get blasted, for me to paint.
I’ve got some relatively cheaper prop cv boots to have a go with, they do fit but the spreader plates for the bolts foul the metal of the boot. so i’ll need to grind the plates a little bit. No big deal though.

V2 of the vwsyncro.co.uk forums

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close

Site and hosting by Plus8.net