Reply To: NEW FORUM (HOPEFULLY)

Forums General chat NEW FORUM (HOPEFULLY) Reply To: NEW FORUM (HOPEFULLY)

LD50
Keymaster

there isn’t a PM solution yet but it’s next on the list of things to add and I’m sure there’s a way to add it..I just wanted to make sure the basic forum bit worked properly before adding more features and potentially making things more complicated.

There was not really a choice re upgrading..the old system wasn’t secure and it also wasn’t allowing new members to join or sending emails out reliably, but also wasn’t really compatible with modern email sending systems so the forum was literally dying.

Something had to be done and this platform is what I use for most of my websites so I’m quite familiar with working on it and it also allows uploading pics directly etc and there was a path to migrate from the one to the other without losing all the posts (which was the other option if we’d started over)…

Even if there isn’t an out-of-the-box PM plugin which works right, I can write one, so chill, it’ll happen 🙂

My website | My Youtube channel (both mostly bike related)

V2 of the vwsyncro.co.uk forums

Site and hosting by Plus8.net
Firebeans crystal healing (new wordpress site) | Firebeans crystal healing (old site)