3dr RHD syncro are they available?

› Forums › New members › NEW MEMBERS PLEASE READ! › 3dr RHD syncro are they available?

  • This topic has 3 voices and 4 replies.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1237
    andys2k
    Member

    Hi,

    I’m just starting to look around for a MK2 golf syncro which I plan to keep as a long term project.

    My questions are: did they come in 3dr RHD or will I have to get a lefty and swop the steering wheel over etc.. if I want this spec?

    Thanks
    Andy

    #6887
    Trev16v
    Member

    Only five door RHD models were made available in the UK.

    #6918
    andys2k
    Member

    CRAP!! I was hoping to find a RHD drive one :(

    How about euro(cyprus)/south african imports as they drive on the right?

    Other option I suppose is to buy a std mk2 & do a syncro/haldex conversion, do you know anywhere that would do this(pref has done before) & won’t have my pants down?
    Thanks again,
    Andy

    #6919
    Chris S
    Moderator

    Another option would be to buy a left hand drive 2 door Syncro and convert this to right hand drive,

    personally I think this might be the easier path to follow,

    basically all you need is a LHD 2 door Syncro & a RHD Golf 2 to swap the Dash, Steering & brake master cylinder over,

    obviously it is a bit more complicated than this, but far easier than cutting out and welding in a new tunnel & rear floor even assuming that you can find them!

    #6923
    andys2k
    Member

    Yeah, I think thats what I may end up doing. I do plan to fully over haul the transmision & syncro system for a haldex one anyway and put a 3.2 or 3.6 lump in & eventually bi-turbo it with lots of other stealth modifications :)

    I’ve just got to convince the wife that it won’t be like the last time I ploughed £20k into turbo charging a Honda S2000 ;)

    Would you suggest importing a LHD one from europe or are there any decent places I may find a good priced well looked after one?

    Andy

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

V2 of the vwsyncro.co.uk forums

banner for shortlands vehicle recovery and repairs, baskingstoke and M3 area
Site and hosting by Plus8.net
Firebeans crystal healing (new wordpress site) | Firebeans crystal healing (old site)