Reply To: LD50’s syncro… attempt #2, now #3 – It moves ;)

Forums Project Cars (contains photos) LD50’s syncro… attempt #2, now #3 – It moves ;) Reply To: LD50’s syncro… attempt #2, now #3 – It moves ;)

LD50
Keymaster

today’s little project was to rip the lower valance off the front big bumper. bit more ground clearance and I think it fits the lines of the car better.

also I tested whether there was any way to fit the towbar along with the big bumper and there really looked to be no way to make it happen without modifying one or the other.

So I ended up cutting a chunk out of both the rear bumper mounts/”prongs” and welding the frame of the bumper to the towbar, then refitting the plastic bumper skin. It’s ended up quite a hefty bit of kit and good luck anyone who runs into it since the towbar is on a nice solid 40x40mm box section which sits just behind the “big bumpers” frame.

Surprisingly I only needed to cut a little section our of the plastic to let the towbar through which was a welcome bonus.

I’ve welded nuts to the topside of the towbar so I can bolt it in from the bottom but then it got dark so I don’t know if they’re in the right places. should know more tomorrow.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by LD50.

My website | My Youtube channel (both mostly bike related)

V2 of the vwsyncro.co.uk forums

Site and hosting by Plus8.net
Firebeans crystal healing (new wordpress site) | Firebeans crystal healing (old site)