can you tell what it is yet

Forums Project Cars (contains photos) can you tell what it is yet

This topic contains 74 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  nutter4x4 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 75 total)
  • Author

nutter4x4
    Participant

greenbay.jpg

Chris S

Give us a clue then!

nutter4x4
    Participant

colour not give it away chris ? look at the tunnel

Chris S

Its you Syncro from years ago! I thought it was, but then I thought it cant be!

Here it is in all its former glory.

p1010054.jpg

nutter4x4
    Participant

take a look at the size of the tunnel and the postion of the subframe mounts

Chris S

Golf 1?

nutter4x4
    Participant

you were right the first time, right car, but such a big tunnel ?

Chris S

What are you fitting this time? was 700 bhp not enough?

Housey
    Participant

torsen driverain? or pure rwd? i’m guessing quattro ;)

nutter4x4
    Participant

oh yes, i like to call it quattrasyncro, get it !! hehe
    anyway i`ve built a subframe from scratch, using a 2litre 20v gt35r with a s4 box passat rear frame and diff

nutter4x4
    Participant

once ive sorted the clutch and driveshafts it`ll all be fitted, more pics then

Housey
    Participant

hmm. won’t this be very nose heavy? since the engine now will come way to the front

nutter4x4
    Participant

maybe maybe not wont know until i try it :) the driveshafts are in the same position as a standard mk2, all of the cast iron section of the gearbox is behind the shafts hence right back in the tunnel and it still has enough room in the front for a rallye cooler and rad, this is one of the reasons why i stuck with the 20v 4 pot, also you can see the prop drop to the floor how much shorter it to the standard syncro prop, so the engine isnt that much further forward yet more central because i`ve used equal length shafts, surprisingly unlike the audi a4s and passat shafts which are 20mm difference in length, i`m using all standard parts, hubs, driveshafts, steering rack and wishbones,

Chris S

I cant wait for the photos!

nutter4x4
    Participant

ive finished swapping parts over to the 2litre block now, bolted up the box, next job bolt it all in the car, hopefully if i remember i`ll try and do pics stage by stage,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 75 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

V2 of the vwsyncro.co.uk forums

Site and hosting by Plus8.net