1990 Golf GT G60 Syncro – My heaven and my Hell

Forums Project Cars (contains photos) 1990 Golf GT G60 Syncro – My heaven and my Hell

This topic contains 509 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Housey 8 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 510 total)
  • Author

Housey
    Participant

well, i can atlease confirm that the subframe of the passat does not fit the golf :)

that is because that the subframe mounts on the passat is slightly angeled. and on the golf, they are straight :)

so, i’m going to have to reuse the golf subframe etc

Chris S

The track increase is in the triangles anyway, and not the subframe which is why I thought it might fit. [B)]

Housey
    Participant

ah, okay :) that might be :) i also thought it would fit, but, i saw that it didn’t when i took it of :)

but, doesn’t matter. won’t take any longer to do the swap :)

ld50

not your week is it :

Housey
    Participant

not my week, month or even year :) but i’ll manage :)

i’ll get it to work. constantly searching ebay for ecu for the abs with EDL. still no luck tho :(

Chris S

Wiring harness & Computer here

http://cgi.ebay.de/ABS-EDS-Kabelbaum-Passat-35i-VR6-16V_W0QQitemZ200388823597

Computer only here

http://cgi.ebay.de/ABS-Steuergeraet-Passat-35i-VR6_W0QQitemZ360098462303

The ABS/EDL computer you need can be either p/n 535 907 379A,
    535 907 379B, 535 907 379E or 535 907 379F

Housey
    Participant

only problem is that the seller does not use paypal, and as german ppl usually don’t want to ship to norway, i’m pretty **** out of luck

Chris S

In that case let me see if I can buy this one to replace mine, as I have a complete harness & computer here if you want it?

YES, it just let me bid [:D] I am at this moment the highest bidder!

The post charges to Netherland are 10 eu then there will be further post costs on to you in Norway

So how much would you like to bid on it? email the amount privately please [;)]

Housey
    Participant

i’ve replied to your mail :) read it :P

Chris S

Have done so

Housey
    Participant

i must be completly insane. had one of those “what the hell am i doing” moments when i was in the garage today..

found myself cleaning the tranny on the G60 with diesel and a toothbrush :) lol, atleast it gets really clean :)

Chris S

Housey
    Participant

haha.. pics of that later this evening :) just got home from work now. so, a few hours with just sitting here on the sofa and relax, and then its time for the garage. :)

thanks for the diagnosis chris.. I knew it was something :)

Housey
    Participant

took some pics today. of a partially clean tranny, and rest of the engine :)

IMG_0645.jpg

IMG_0646.jpg

Chris S

Hydraulic Clutch! so you will need to swap the pedal box for the Passat one as the hydraulic clutch one is different than the cable clutch type.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 510 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

V2 of the vwsyncro.co.uk forums

Site and hosting by Plus8.net